Sunday, July 19, 2009

cthulutech game ideas and musings

It's almost time for me to start running cthulutech so I thought I'd throw out a few of the ideas I have tumbling around in my head.

The main idea I have had for it is based around the First Arcanotech War when the Nazzadi first invade the Earth and humanities attempts to stop them. This one would be split into 3 story arcs of about 3 games each, so we could have other games in between. Initially it will start from the Nazzadi point of view followed by the Humans then finally when the Nazzadi rebel against the Migou and join the Humans.
This is a game I am very keen on running but would be focused on mecha Humans and Nazzadi. It would have a bit of cult things running around in the background but they will only be pretty minor.

Otherwise going along the lines of what the players have expressed an interest in so far is a paranormal investigation game which will feature the cults quite heavily (well one or two of them anyway) possibly some contact with the Tagers and other members of the Eldrich society. I am happy to run this style if that is what the players prefer.

I'll put up a not on the style of game I am wanting to run and a few extra ideas I'll be throwing in beyond what the game rules cover in a coming post.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea you outlined above. I think when we came up with some suggestions before it was just to give you some initial input after we had browsed the book.

    Even though we will be playing it, you are the one having to do alot of the preperation work - so I think its important to do something that you really want to work on.

    I know a few of us are keen on the Cthulhu/Cult side of things, but if you can blend that in as part of it it doesn't need to be the sole/main thing going on.

    ReplyDelete